Anything can Happen Child, ANYTHING can be...

Monday, April 28, 2014

Sip and See

An important even happened on the 26th.  We were finally able to have Nic's Sip and See.  For those of you that are unfamiliar, a Sip and See is a party for the adults of the new parents, a time to come have food, drinks and see Nicolette.  They tend to be done about a month after birth, but since Nic spent that time in and out of the hospital, we thought it was best to wait.
We themed the party after the Dr. Seuss book Oh the Places You'll go! switch seemed fitting given everything she had been through and the long road ahead.  Many, many guest came to see this amazing baby.  Here is what Nic thought of the event.

I wish I'd have taken more pictures, but I was so happy to finally be around a lot of people again, I really forgot.  I can assure you, there was a TON of food and some delicious drinks!  Why such a big 6 month party?  We decided Nic's one year birthday was  going to be just for us to take a special trip to Kansas City.  Also, I WILL be the mom that throw HUGE parties for Nic during the first couple years of her life.  One, she wasn't supposed to be here.  That alone seems worth celebrating.  Two, I know NIc will struggle.  I know she if different, and my husband and I are well aware that there may be a day in which her same-aged peers stops coming to her parties.  That day will hurt.  I want us all to have these moments to look back on before we move in taking trips or special outings on Nic's special day.


All decorations were in theme with the book.  Cevin hung all the parachutes I made out of decorative bird's nests from the craft store and paper lanterns.



I cannot believe I missed the food and dessert table.  I was too busy eating!  Oh well!
We also had people write in this book.  We will continue to write in it every year.  I don't know if Nic will ever appreciate such a gift, but I know it will bring mom and dad back happy memories.  In the meantime, Nic smiles when I read it to her, and that's good enough for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment